Being successful today requires navigating an increasingly complex business world. It’s not enough merely to run a business; you also must deal with government regulations, employment and labor issues, changing tax structures, foreign trade and competition, intellectual property challenges, and environmental concerns.
Whether you are a new start-up company with a great idea, or a large corporation doing business around the globe, one thing is consistent: you need a great business lawyer on your side who knows your business and can add value to your bottom line. We have the “street-wise” experience and expertise you need in business and corporate law, government organizations, transactions, and finance to successfully guide you through legal challenges and capitalize on opportunities. Our approach is to be more than just outside counsel. We become an integral part of your management team.
And, while we work with you to resolve business disputes without litigation wherever possible, your legal team includes some of the most capable and accomplished business litigation lawyers in Oregon. When litigation cannot be avoided—or when it is needed to preserve or enforce your interests—we will map a practical and affordable legal strategy that reflects a full understanding of your business and your needs.
Large or small, new or established, public or closely held, our lawyers help businesses prosper with a full range of business and corporate legal services, including:
- General counsel services for closely-held businesses
- Business formations, including start-ups, corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and associations, and subsidiaries
- Business acquisitions, mergers, sales, reorganizations, restructuring, buy-sell agreements, valuations, loans, leases, and corporate takeovers
- Licensing and permitting
- Shareholder rights and remedies and other equity ownership agreements and shareholder (owner) dispute resolution
- Tax planning and tax dispute resolution
- Succession planning and wealth preservation, including wills and estate planning
- Regulatory and administrative rules compliance advice and dispute resolution
- Lobbying and legislative affairs services for statutes and administrative rules-making that affect business
- Financial transactions including private placements and creditor’s rights
- Real estate and development, including leases, purchases and investments, and land use, transportation, environmental regulation and compliance, and public/private partnerships
- Construction transactions and defects, including contracts, performance issues, liens, disputes, and litigation
- Intellectual property and trademark protection and management
- Insurance coverage and advice
- Labor and employment counsel and dispute resolution for management, including labor negotiations and grievances, contractual issues, discipline and termination, employee handbooks, and training
- Dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, as well as business and commercial litigation