Health Care Industry Law
We have long represented health care clients, including:
- Physicians and physician groups
- Managed Care Organizations
- Other healthcare providers
As the result of our extensive experience covering many participants in these industries, we are well-versed to provide advice and representation for nearly any matter that may arise concerning industry participants.
Our Health Care Practice – Helping Clients Understand Regulations and Stay Compliant
The increasing cost of health care regularly occupies the front pages of the news, particularly so since the adoption of the federal Affordable Care Act (the “ACA” or “Obamacare”) and the current administration’s attempts to undermine the ACA. Providers must now contend with issues beyond simply providing quality health care. Today, health care providers seemingly must spend as much attention to government regulations as to providing health care services.
We help health care clients — from hospitals and health practitioners to managed care organizations and employers – understand the regulations that govern their services so that they can stay compliant. Additionally, with our understanding of physician contracting, health care financing, and fraud and abuse principles, we help healthcare clients minimize legal risks.
Our representation of health care clients includes litigation matters as well as matters concerning:
- Regulatory and liability issues, including antitrust laws and the Affordable Care Act
- ERISA health claims and reimbursement
- Fraudulent claims
- Managed care and other insurance regulation
- Medical record and insurance record confidentiality
- Anti-kickback issues and Stark Claims
- Federal Medicare, Medicaid, and health reform
- Insurance coverage and subrogation
When a change in rules or statutes is desirable, we help advocate for clients before the legislature or appropriate rule-making agency.
Our Pharmaceutical Licensing Practice
Pharmaceutical companies face significant regulatory hurdles and approvals concerning the licensing and potential recall issues associated with their products.