Appellate, Administrative and Trial Attorney
Attorney Erica Tatoian’s practice is focused on appellate law, business and commercial litigation, complex litigation, regulatory (administrative) law, and tort claim defense.
Prior to joining the firm, Erica clerked at the Oregon Court of Appeals.
In her free time, Erica enjoys spending time with her husband, Tyler, cat, Sebastian, and German Shepherd puppy, Leopold (not necessarily always in that order).
How I Serve Clients
I believe that effective communication is critical for delivering timely and quality legal services.
When a dispute, administrative issue, or litigation threat arises, clients want to entrust their legal matter to an attorney who will immediately focus on their case and provide competent advice. I understand that the need to consult an attorney often arises in times of stress. With that, comes the sense of urgency to resolve the issue at hand. My role, and that of our firm, is to immediately begin to assess a client’s matter, answer client questions, and provide advice expeditiously.
- Oregon State Bar
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
Recognition and Professional Memberships
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Committee (2018-present)
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law (2016)
- Graduated top 15% of her class
- Served as Notes & Comments Editor of the Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation
- Completed an externship with Oregon Supreme Court Justice David Brewer
- B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz(2013)
- University Honors, cum laude
- Dean’s Honors
- Co-Author: Oregon Civil Pleading & Practice – “Special Writs” (2019).
- Co-Author: Oregon chapter in “Lobbying, PACs, and Campaign Finance – 50 State Handbook,” published annually by the State Capital Group through Thomson Reuters/West (2019).
- Animals in the Law: Occupying a Space Between Legal Personhood and Personal Property, 31 Journal of Environmental Law & Litigation, 147 (2015).
- Associate Board Member, Boys & Girls Club of Metropolitan Portland (2019 – present)
- Associate Board Member, Boys & Girls Club of Salem, Marion, & Polk Counties (2017 – 2019)