Education, Health Care, Commercial Litigation, Labor and Employment and Appellate Attorney
Julian’s practice is divided between advising public and private entities and assisting those entities and individuals in avoiding or resolving disputes. This work has included a range of clients such as small businesses, healthcare providers, municipal corporations, special districts, educational institutions, and entities in the healthcare field. Julian has experience advising clients on public records and open meetings laws; intergovernmental agreements; government contracting; employee handbooks and policy development; wage and hour laws; disability accommodations; non-competition and non-solicitation agreements; licensing; employment investigations; and contract negotiation and interpretation. Julian also has experience guiding clients through disputes in a variety of forums, including arbitration, state and federal court, administrative hearings, and appeals.
During law school, Julian clerked for a law firm in Eugene, Oregon, and for the Office of the Federal Public Defender. He held an externship with a federal magistrate judge in Portland, Oregon. Following his graduation from law school, Julian spent a year in Fairbanks, Alaska, as a judicial clerk to Justice Daniel E. Winfree, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of Alaska. Most recently, Julian returned to Eugene and began a civil litigation practice.
How I Serve Clients
I believe that thoroughly communicating about a client’s goals, understanding the “big picture,” and paying careful attention to details are vital to resolving disputes, whether that resolution takes place before engaging with the judicial process or in a courtroom. In serving our clients, I utilize my experience litigating in a variety of legal areas and passion for solving problems to help the client identify the best strategy moving forward. Ultimately, my goal is to achieve my client’s optimal outcome in the context of the client’s broader objectives.
- Oregon State Bar
- The State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Included in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America for his work in Commercial Litigation since 2022
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers ("APRL")
- Lane County Bar Association (2023-2024 Board Member)
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Council on Court Procedures (2023-2025 Biennium)
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law (2015)
- Order of the Coif
- Oregon Review of International Law
- Executive Editor 2014-15
- Associate Editor 2013-14
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition Alternate
- B.A., University of Oregon (2012)