For employers in business and government alike, employees are a valuable asset. How you handle matters that arise from employment issues can have a huge impact on your bottom line. We provide creative, strategic legal counsel – targeted to your mission and business environment – to ensure the most proficient use of human resources, prevent disruptions, and to help identify and address issues before they become costly lawsuits.
Our goal is simple: Help clients of all types and sizes maintain a productive and profitable staff, while ensuring compliance with the myriad federal and state regulations governing labor and employment. From personnel policies to daily advice, and from administrative concerns to lawsuits, our specialties include:
- Employment contract drafting and issues
- Performance management, recruitment and selection for personnel
- Employee wage and hour, leave, and reinstatement issues
- Disability and workers’ compensation issues
- Discrimination and harassment-related matters
- Workplace policy development and employee and management training
- Defense of employers against workplace claims in state and federal courts, and before the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, Employment Relations Board, and other state and federal agencies.
- Management-side labor relations matters in both the public and private sector, including organizational activities, collective bargaining, interest and grievance arbitration and unfair labor practice complaints