Appellate & Trial Attorney
Attorney Sharon Rudnick has more than 30 years of experience as an appellate and trial lawyer. Her appellate practice covers a wide range of matters, including business disputes, constitutional and public policy matters, class action claims, product liability claims, civil rights claims, challenges to legislation and government action, and employment matters. Through the firm’s Trial and Appellate Consultation practice, she also advises trial lawyers on how to best position and preserve matters for appeal in the event that a negative verdict is received.
In addition to her appellate practice, Sharon has significant litigation experience. She was at the forefront of national litigation concerning punitive damages and federal constitutional law, and has successfully handled many high-profile product liability, employment and unlawful trade practices cases for major corporations.
Sharon is also an accomplished management labor and employment lawyer. She provides day-to-day advice and direction on employment and labor matters, and defends clients before administrative agencies and in state and federal court.
How I Serve Clients
Clients look to our firm for more than just legal advice—they look to us for our strategic approach to problem solving. They expect us to take charge of their problem and manage all of its dimensions, such as communications and public relations, media, and political issues (including those involving state and federal agencies, the legislature and legislative staff).
Often there are multiple ways to approach a problem, many of which involve more than just filing a lawsuit. We look to all of the tools in our toolbox in order to develop a comprehensive and effective solution, which may include legislative, administrative and public relations components in addition to traditional legal ones. I am always proud when a client commends us for effectively solving their problem without ever entering the courtroom. But of course, when legal action is appropriate, we represent our clients vigorously and excel both in the court room and on appeal.
- California State Bar
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- Many federal, district, and circuit courts.
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated with Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© for appellate practice, mass tort litigation/class actions-defendants, employment law-management, and labor law-management every year since 2009
- Product Liability Lawyer of the Year in Oregon – 2013 International Global Law Experts
- Named 2013 Woman Business Leader of the Year – Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- Selected to Super Lawyers® 2006-2008, 2011, 2014-2018
- Member, Oregon State Bar
- Served on the Oregon State Bar Employment Law Section Executive Committee and the Civil Rights Uniform Civil Jury Instructions Committee
- Member, Multnomah County Bar
- Served on the Judicial Screening Committee
- Appointed to serve on the Council on Court Procedures, the Oregon public body most directly involved in creating, reviewing, and amending the Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure that govern procedure and practice in all Oregon circuit courts. Currently serving in a four-year term beginning in 2017.
- J.D., Order of the Coif, University of California at Los Angeles School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude (English Literature), Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont
- Phi Beta Kappa