Healthcare, Education, and Litigation Attorney
Lorelei Craig is an associate with the firm’s health care, litigation, government representation, and education practice groups.
Her health care practice includes employment, business, and regulatory advice and litigation for health care entities, providers and insurers. Her practice regularly involves advising clients on federal and state health care and insurance related laws, including HIPAA, ERISA, and the Affordable Care Act.
Lorelei’s litigation practice emphasizes the defense of entities and individuals at the federal and state trial court level in the areas of employment claims, commercial transactions, and intellectual property.
Her government representation practice includes advising and representing governmental entities on matters concerning public records requests, employment law, and issues involving police officer lawsuits. Her education practice is focused on advising educational institutions on matters including employment, Title IX, misconduct, and related matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Lorelei was a senior litigation associate at the San Francisco office of Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP. There, she served clients in business disputes, complex litigation and class actions with an emphasis on health care, financial services and technology litigation. Previously, she was with Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP, in San Francisco and New York City, where she worked with their litigation and insurance teams as an associate attorney.
How I Serve Clients
The types of matters handled by our firm are not “cookie-cutter” matters with simple and discrete solutions. Typically, we represent and advise clients on complex matters that involve significant legal and non-legal components. We must therefore carefully analyze issues not only to develop legal strategies, but importantly to consider the long-term consequences of potential solutions for our clients.
I enjoy working with clients on unique and challenging matters, developing creative ideas for solving issues, and meticulously working through (and implementing) the details of the chosen solution. Having had an opportunity to previously work with two international law firms on a number of high-value cases, I’ve been able to work on a number of diverse matters, and offer clients this experience as part of my representation.
- Oregon State Bar
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the Central District of California
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Recognition & Memberships
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Health Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member, Lane County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Health Law Section of the American Bar Association, and the
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- Research assistant and senior editor for The Georgetown International Environmental Law Review
- Member of the International Law Society and Environmental Law Society.
- B.A. (Rhetoric), University of California at Berkeley (2004)