Medical Malpractice and Civil Litigation Attorney
Lisa is an experienced civil litigator whose trial practice focuses on the defense of cases involving medical malpractice and general liability. She has previously worked for private firms and as in-house counsel at a large insurance company. Lisa regularly maintains a diverse case load, which includes business and contract disputes, commercial auto liability, product liability, employment matters, and personal injury. Lisa defends lawsuits in state and federal courts and is also an approved arbitrator for Washington County Circuit Court.
How I Serve Clients
Having experience representing plaintiffs and defendants, I am able to help my clients evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of their case. I understand that a lawsuit can be extraordinarily stressful for my clients, and I enjoy helping them navigate the litigation process. I seek to facilitate amicable resolution of cases, when appropriate, and will also vigorously defend my clients through trial.
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar Association
- California State Bar (currently inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Owen M. Panner Inn of Court
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Multnomah Bar Association
- J.D. Pennsylvania State University
- Master of International Affairs, Pennsylvania State University
- B.A. Psychology, minor in Spanish, cum laude, Portland State University
- Represented medical and professional clients in $10 million case involving allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Represented medical entity in $58 million case involving treatment of an extremely rare medical condition.
- Represented neurosurgeon in $29 million case involving allegations of a brain injury.
- Represented contractor in case involving a claim under the Employers Liability Law. Resulted in obtaining favorable settlement from third-party defendant.
- Represented food producer in multi-million claim by food manufacturer involving allegations of contaminated food products. Resulted in de minimis settlement.
- Represented retail store in personal injury claim arising out of a fall on the premises. Resulted in favorable settlement.
- Represented plaintiff in personal injury lawsuit arising out of a motor vehicle accident. Resulted in policy limits settlement.