Digital Evidence and Administrative Law Attorney
Aaron Crockett’s practice focuses on the management, analysis, and production of digital evidence in civil litigation and other contexts. Before joining the firm, Aaron was a contract attorney at Compliance Discovery Solutions in Washington, D.C., where he conducted document review in major litigation, mergers, and agency civil investigative demands for national firms and clients. He has since expanded his knowledge and skills to encompass the entire spectrum of the electronic discovery process and has been certified by ACEDS, a respected electronic discovery certifying body.
Aaron’s experience with cutting-edge electronic document review technologies controls discovery costs while bringing maximum value to clients in civil litigation and other document-intensive matters. He is well-versed in Oregon regulatory/administrative law and proceedings as well as HIPAA/HITECH Privacy and Security Rules requirements, Sedona Conference guidelines, and the latest developments in the civil discovery rules in both Oregon and Federal courts.
Aaron also advises clients on cannabis regulatory and business issues in Oregon. He keeps the firm and our clients on top of Oregon’s ever-evolving recreational cannabis regulations.
How I Serve Clients
Electronic discovery (e-discovery) is now a critical part of most high-stakes litigation matters. The storage, retrieval, management, and safe-guarding of electronic documents requires specialized management expertise, as the documents involved in a case can often number in the hundreds of thousands or even millions. Today, having sophisticated e-discovery solutions in place cannot only save clients significantly in terms of cost, but being able to effectively use e-discovery can often make or break a case.
I enjoy taking on the challenges associated with e-discovery, particularly situations involving integrating customized discovery solutions. Not only is each large-scale e-discovery situation unique in terms of management, but interacting with e-discovery often provides litigators and clients with an insight into the evidence at the outset of case when the key strategic decisions need to be made.
- Oregon State Bar
Professional Recognition & Memberships
- Included in the inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for his work in commercial litigation
- Certified by the Association of Certified Electronic Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
- Named Education Director of the Portland ACEDS Chapter
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law (2012)
- Negotiation teaching assistant for a US News top-ten ranked dispute resolution program.
- Court-certified law student, Lane County District Attorney’s Office as a court certified law student
- Small Business Clinic
- B.S. (Social Science), Western Oregon University (2007)
- An Introduction to Document Discovery in the Age of Big Data, Part 2 - Document Review Strategies
- An Introduction to Document Discovery in the Age of Big Data
- Why Your eDiscovery Billing Process is Leaving Money on the Table?
- Cloud-Based Discovery: The Agile Litigator's Best Friend
- Navigating the High-Stakes World of eDiscovery Billing