New Minimum Wage Laws Go Into Effect July 1, 2016
Don’t forget: The new minimum wage laws go into effect TOMORROW, July 1, 2016.
- Portland Metropolitan area/all areas within the Urban Growth Boundary: $9.75/hour
- Other urban/suburban regions: $9.75/hour (Benton, Clatsop, Columbia, Deschutes, Hood River, Jackson, Josephine, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Polk, Tillamook, Wasco, and Yamhill, as well as any parts of Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington Counties outside the Urban Growth Boundary)
- Rural/”non-urban” counties: $9.50 per hour. (Baker, Coos, Crook, Curry, Douglas, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, and Wheeler counties)
If your employees work in more than one region in any pay period, you must pay either:
- The minimum wage for each hour in each region where the work is performed – which means you must track which region your employees are working (and record it on their paystubs); or
- The highest wage rate required in any region where work was performed during the pay period.
As always, we’re here to help. Feel free to call our Labor & Employment team to discuss your specific business needs.
« Back to News & Insights