In today’s environment, legal, health care and other professionals must be concerned as much with protecting their livelihoods as they are with providing a service. With increasing regulatory scrutiny and a culture of litigation, effective legal counsel for professionals is more essential than ever. That’s because being sued for negligence or malpractice can be expensive, time-consuming and traumatic.
HLGR has the resources to handle all facets of these significant and high-risk cases. Our lawyers have been helping clients deal with liability and ethics issues for more than two decades. We are members of the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers. HLGR attorneys serve on the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility and have taught, written, and lectured extensively about professional conduct and ethics. Finally, HLGR’s team includes insurance lawyers well versed in professional liability insurance issues.
Let us assist you with the serious and complex professional liability issues any professional might face, including:
- Defense of professional liability and malpractice claims and lawsuits
- Confidential counsel for lawyers and medical professionals on ethics matters
- Representation before professional administrative and state licensing boards in civil malpractice actions and disciplinary proceedings
- Expert witness testimony in disciplinary proceedings, fee disputes, and malpractice actions
- Investigative board matters
- Analysis, advice, and litigation of coverage disputes under professional liability policies and insurance claims