Nonprofit organizations are businesses, and need great legal and management counsel just as much as a for-profit company. Our business attorneys have significant experience in the specialized issues that private and government nonprofits face. Our clients range from small community groups to large, multi-million dollar organizations. They include providers of education and health care, local and regional chapters of national charities, associations, religious organizations, and several state and local public agencies.
In addition, our business lawyers provide legal and strategic counseling on the issues that all enterprises face from time to time, including labor and employment, intellectual property, employee benefits, and government relations.
Our services include:
- Creating, reviewing and amending articles, bylaws and other charter documents
- Compliance with nonprofit regulation and reporting requirements
- Structuring for-profit businesses, support organizations and joint ventures for nonprofits
- Counseling on private foundation rules
- Consulting on charitable gift giving and estate plans
- Advising organizations about compliance with state and federal regulations
- Consultation on director and officer conduct and ethics
- Training and advice for boards of directors