Harrang Long Gary Rudnick P.C.
Tax Counsel and Planning & Tax Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Experience more certain than taxes
Taxes are a bottom-line issue for everyone. Whether you run a corporation or just want to plan for your family’s future, having a good tax team is essential. That’s why we work together with you, your accountants and financial professionals to understand your tax goals and help you achieve them.
And, our lawyers know more than just tax. With specialties in estate planning and business, we look at the big picture. We’re also experienced, skilled litigators whom you want on your side if there’s a tax dispute with the IRS, Department of Justice, or state or local tax agencies. It all adds up to particularly insightful tax planning advice and services, which include:
- Business transactions and structuring, such as mergers and acquisitions, separations, liquidations, redemptions, reorganizations, change of business ownership, and distributions and utilizations of net operating losses
- Tax compliance and procedure, including reporting and disclosure requirements, avoidance or abatement of tax penalties, privileges, summons enforcement, and domestic discovery
- Tax-exempt organization matters, including unrelated business taxable income issues and maintenance of tax-exempt status
- Probate and estate planning for individuals and business owners, succession planning, and disposition of business assets and estates
- State and local tax planning for enterprises involved in multi-state transactions
- Creation and management of private foundations created by individuals and families
- Resolution of tax disputes, including income, property, estate, gift, excise, or employment taxes, tax shelters, or tax-exemptions