Being successful today requires navigating an increasingly complex business world. It’s not enough merely to run a business; you also must deal with government regulation, employment and labor issues, changing tax structures, foreign trade and competition, intellectual property challenges, and environmental concerns.
Whether you are a new start-up company with a great idea, or a large corporation doing business around the globe, one thing is consistent: you need a great business lawyer on your side who knows your business and can add value to your bottom line. We have the “street-wise” experience and expertise you need in business and corporate law, government organizations, transactions, and finance to successfully guide you through legal challenges and capitalize on opportunities. Our approach is to be more than just outside counsel. We become an integral part of your management team.
And, while we work with you to resolve business disputes without litigation wherever possible, your legal team includes some of the most capable and accomplished business litigation lawyers in Oregon. When litigation cannot be avoided—or when it is needed to preserve or enforce your interests—they will map a practical and affordable legal strategy that reflects a full understanding of your business and your needs.
Large or small, new or established, public or closely held, our lawyers help businesses prosper with a full range of business and corporate legal services, including:
- General counsel services for closely held businesses
- Business start-ups and formations, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and associations, and subsidiaries
- Business acquisitions, mergers, sales, reorganizations, restructuring, buy-sell agreements, valuations, loans, leases and corporate takeovers
- Shareholder rights and remedies, and other equity ownership agreements and dispute resolution
- Tax planning and tax dispute resolution
- Succession, asset preservation, and estate planning
- Regulatory and administrative rules compliance advice and dispute resolution
- Lobbying and legislative affairs services for statutes and administrative rules-making that affect business
- Banking, commercial law and creditor’s rights issues
- Real estate and development, including leases, purchases and investments, and land use, transportation, and environmental regulation and compliance
- Construction transactions, contracts, performance issues, and liens
- Intellectual property protection and management
- Labor and employment counsel and dispute resolution, including labor negotiations and grievances, contractual issues, discipline and termination, employee handbooks, and training
- Business and commercial litigation