Our combined experience in business, litigation, and government law means we have a solid understanding of the regulated world of insurance from all vantage points. That’s why insurance carriers, managed care entities, and other businesses look to us for help in their dealings with government, customers, contractors, and other carriers.
We regularly advise carriers, draft contract forms, and litigate on behalf of insurers and self-insurance risk retention groups. In addition, we help our business clients manage their relationships with those insurance carriers whom we don’t represent by providing advice, an insider’s perspective, and representation on coverage issues, contract matters, and litigation.
When issues are contested, our goal is to produce results with speed and cost control through dispute resolution mechanisms. Of course, if a case does go to trial, our unmatched team of litigators is experienced in litigating insurance issues before administrative agencies and in state and federal courts and is ready to fight for our clients’ interests.
Look to us for representation on matters such as:
- Declaratory relief actions and defense of insurers in coverage and bad faith litigation
- Public policy litigation over statutory and regulatory issues in federal and state administrative agencies and courts
- Legislative affairs and lobbying services for legislation and administrative rules-making that affects the insurance industry
- Insurance defense representation for casualty and liability litigation, including professional liability defense, product liability, and construction defect cases
- First- and third-party insurance, reinsurance contracts, and subrogation claims
- Specialized contracts such as directors and officers and professional liability policies
- Legal advice and services on coverage issues of all types
- Solvency issues, audits, and retrospective claims reconciliations
- Bad faith claims
- Examinations under oath