When you create wealth, you want to know that your money and heirs are protected. Our estate planning lawyers create innovative and effective estate plans that preserve your wealth, during your lifetime and for future generations. Because they also specialize in tax and business law, our attorneys look at the whole picture. That’s how they help ensure that your business will live on, your spouse and family are financially set, and the organizations you support can remain strong.
Whether your focus is personal property, real estate, or succession planning and preservation for your closely held business, we work with you to determine your objectives during your lifetime as well as the disposition of your estate. We can also guide you through delicate matters, like making provisions for medical decisions, continuing control of finances in the case of incapacity, and other non-tax personal objectives. If you want a plan to protect your money and those you hold dear, let us help you with:
- Asset management during your lifetime, including revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, joint property ownership, gifts, and family foundations to manage property and make tax-advantaged lifetime transfers
- Tax planning for charitable giving and minimization of state and federal income, gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes
- Preparation of wills and will summaries, and estate plan documents, including advance directives for health care, and durable powers of attorney
- Efficient, cost-effective probate and trust administration and representation in probate court for estates, both contested and uncontested
- Business succession planning, including choice of business entities and lifetime gift planning
- Creation and management of individual and family non-profit foundations