Sharon Rudnick is an appellate and trial lawyer. For 30 years, Sharon has handled business disputes, class action claims, product liability claims, and labor and employment matters. She was recently at the forefront of national litigation concerning punitive damages and U.S. constitutional law and has successfully handled many high-profile product liability cases for major corporations in the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries.
Sharon is also an accomplished labor and employment lawyer. She regularly provides day-to-day advice and direction on employment and labor matters; and defends clients before administrative agencies and in state and federal court.
- AV® Preeminent™ rating – Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© for appellate practice, mass tort litigation/class actions-defendants, employment law-management, and labor law-management every year since 2009
- Product Liability Lawyer of the Year in Oregon – 2013 International Global Law Experts
- Named 2013 Woman Business Leader of the Year - Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- Selected to Super Lawyers® 2006-2008, 2011, 2014-2016
Sharon is admitted to the California, Oregon, and Washington State Bars, the United States Supreme Court, and many federal, district, and circuit courts. Sharon is an active participant with the Oregon State and Multnomah County Bars where she has served on the Oregon State Bar Employment Law Section Executive Committee, the Civil Rights Uniform Civil Jury Instructions Committee, and the Multnomah County Judicial Screening Committee.
Sharon received her J.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Order of the Coif, and also holds a B.A.,magna cum laude, in English Literature, Phi Beta Kappa from Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont.
- Lafferty v. Providence Health Plans, Slip Copy, 2011 WL 2193383, C.A.9 (Or.), June 07, 2011 (NO. 10-35688) (Employment Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, 29 U.S.C. § 1132 (a)(1)(B))
- Estate of Schwarz ex rel. Schwarz v. Philip Morris Inc., 349 Or. 521, 246 P.3d 479, 2010 WL 5393669, Or., December 30, 2010 (NO. SC S053644, CA A118589, CC 000201376) (product liability; negligence; fraud; punitive damages)
- MCI Communications Services, Inc. v. City of Eugene, OR, 359 Fed.Appx. 692, 2009 WL 2952179, C.A.9 (Or.), September 15, 2009 (NO. 07 35935) (declaratory; injunctive relief)
- Central Oregon Independent Health Services, Inc. v. State, 211 Or.App. 520, 156 P.3d 97, 2007 WL 914686, Or.App., March 28, 2007 (Medicare contract dispute)
- Williams v. Philip Morris USA Inc., 129 S.Ct. 1436, 2009 WL 814803, 173 L.Ed.2d 346, 77 USLW 3557, 21 Fla. L. Weekly Fed. S 731, U.S.Or., March 31, 2009 (NO. 07-1216) (fraud; products liability; constitutionality of punitive damages award)
- Lowe v. Philip Morris USA, Inc., 207 Or.App. 532, 142 P.3d 1079, 2006 WL 2557971, Or.App., September 06, 2006 (medical monitoring without physical injury)
- Pearson v. Philip Morris, Inc., 208 Or.App. 501, 145 P.3d 298, 2006 WL 2882727, Or.App., October 11, 2006 (lights cigarettes class action)
- Clarke ex rel. Clarke v. Oregon Health Sciences University, 206 Or.App. 610, 138 P.3d 900, 2006 WL 1867755, Or.App., July 05, 2006 (constitutionality of cap on damages for injuries caused by public entities and employees)
- Bocci v. Key Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 190 Or.App. 407, 79 P.3d 908, 2003 WL 22682999, Or.App., November 13, 2003 (products liability; constitutionality of punitive damages award)
- Strunk v. Public Employees Retirement Bd., 341 Or. 175, 139 P.3d 956, 2006 WL 2022178, Or., July 20, 2006 (constitutionality of legislative amendments to public employees retirement system)
- Providence Health Plan v. McDowell, 361 F.3d 1243, 2004 WL 574982, C.A.9 (Or.), March 24, 2004 (ERISA; right to enforce reimbursement provision; preemption)
Sharon has been a leader in a variety of civic activities, including the United Way Board of Directors, President of the Board of Directors for the Relief Nursery and Temple Beth Israel, and most recently the Oregon Hillel Board of Directors.
Keynote speaker at the seventh annual Woman Business Leader of the Year ceremony (May 14, 2015).