Jens has been practicing with the firm for over 25 years. As the firm’s President, he is responsible for managing the law firm.
Jens is a trial and appellate lawyer. He represents individuals, businesses and state and local governmental entities in civil litigation in the state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as before administrative agencies. He defends his clients against employment claims, business and commercial claims, personal injury claims, and civil rights claims.
Jens enjoys working collaboratively with his clients to develop and execute a strategy which will efficiently reach his clients’ goals.
Jens has received an AV® rating by theMartindale-Hubbell National Law Directoryand has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law since 2011. Jens was admitted to the Oregon State Bar in 1984. He is also a member of the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, the Oregon City Attorneys Association and the Lane County Bar Association. In addition to the Oregon State Bar, he is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Jens received his J.D. in 1984 from the University of Oregon School of Law, where he was an Associate Editor of the Oregon Law Review. He also holds a B.S. in Political Science from the University of Oregon.
- “Defending a Taser Lawsuit,” CityCounty Insurance Services Annual Conference, Portland, OR (February 2013)
- “Workplace Investigations: Practical and Legal Issues,” PRIMA 2011 Annual Conference, Portland, OR (June 2011)
- “What’s New in Oregon Labor and Employment Law?”, Labor and Employment Law Conference (2011)
- “Police Liability: Risk Management Tips & Learning from Experience,” PRIMA 2009 Annual Conference, Dallas, TX (May 2009)
- “Police Liability: Risk Management Tips & Learning from Experience,” Oregon City Attorneys Association Annual CLE Program, Oregon City, OR (2007)