Lee’s practice focuses on business formation, transactions, securities law compliance (capital formation), and representation of issuers in sales of warrants, convertible notes, and equity interests. Among others, representative clients have included medical and dental practice management companies, consumer and commercial product designers and manufacturers, ambulatory surgery centers, senior living facilities, and internet ecommerce companies. He also has significant experience with clients in the fly fishing industry.
Lee is a long-time Eugene resident and has been practicing law in Eugene since 1979. Lee first moved to Eugene from Montana with his family in 1963 and later graduated from North Eugene High School. He is an active community member, serving on various Boards of Directors and as a fast pitch softball coach.
Lee has been a member of the Oregon State Bar since 1979. He was a member of the Executive Committee for the Business Law Section of the Oregon State Bar from 1993-1995. He currently serves as a Director and Treasurer of The Steamboaters, a conservation organization for the North Umpqua River. Lee was recently made a member of the Local Government Affairs Council for the Eugene Chamber, as well as joining the Advisory Committee for the Small Business Development Center at Lane Community College.
Lee earned his J.D. from UCLA School of Law along with an M.A. from the UCLA School of Architecture and Urban Planning, where he received the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence. He received a A.B., with distinction, in Sociology, Phi Beta Kappa, from Stanford University.
- Preparation of disclosure and subscription documents, with registration application, for registered offering of $1.5 million in nonvoting common stock (privately held insurance company)
- Preparation of disclosure and subscription documents, with registration application, for registered offering of $3.6 million in limited liability company membership units (assisted living facility)
- Preparation of disclosure and subscription documents for exempt offering of $1.5 million in limited liability company membership units (retirement home)
- Preparation of disclosure and subscription documents for two-stage exempt offering of $598,400 in limited liability company membership units (ambulatory surgery center)
- “Oregon Intrastate Offering Exemption Quick Guide” HLGR Business News (February 3, 2015)
- “Oregon Limited Liability Companies: Do I Need An Operating Agreement?” HLGR Business News (September 3, 2014)
- “Labels Can Be Misleading: General Partnership Interests As Securities,” HLGR Business News (April 22, 2014)
- “What is Crowdfunding? And, How Can it Help My Business?” HLGR Business News (August 14, 2013)
- “Securities Law Compliance: An Overview of Small Offering Exemptions and Registration for Business Owners Interested in Raising Money,” HLGR Business News (August 7, 2013)
- “Are Membership Interests in LLCs Securities Under Oregon Law?” HLGR Business News (July 16, 2013)
- “Promissory Notes as “Securities” – A Trap for the Unwary?” HLGR Business News (July 16, 2013)
- “What Is a Security? Why Should I Care?” HLGR Business News (July 10, 2013)
- Eugene Police Foundation: Chair, Steering Committee, 2016
- Eugene Chamber of Commerce: Local Government Affairs Council, 2015-present
- Oregon Reign Fastpitch (ASA): Head Coach 16A, 2012 to 2013
- The Steamboaters: Board of Directors, 1995 to present
- Sheldon High School Varsity Softball: Assistant and Head Coach, 2004 – 2012
- Eugene Lightning Softball (ASA): Head Coach, 2003 to 2012 (ages 12U, 14U, 16U)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Emerald Valley: Board of Directors, 2001 to 2005
- Kidsports Volunteer: Basketball and Softball Coach, prior to 2003
- City Club of Eugene: Member of founding Board of Directors
- Eugene Ballet Company: Member of founding Board of Directors
- National Ski Patrol: 1982-1992